This article is about the issues that some customers may experience when using the Netflix App on their Sony Smart TV.
He spent much of his time acquiring new talents and learning more about the computer industry, since he was passionate about technology, Windows, and anything that had a power button. Coming from a strong foundation in computer science,… Read more
24th of August, 2021
Originally published in September 2019
- If you’re having trouble getting Netflix to operate on your Sony TV, try restarting it fast.
- The problem should be resolved by clearing the cache and resetting the application from the settings.
- The network portion of the smart TV may also be used to update online content.
We suggest DriverFix to solve a variety of PC issues: This program will maintain your drivers up to date, ensuring that you are protected against frequent computer problems and hardware failure. Check all of your drivers right now in three simple steps:
- DriverFix may be downloaded here (verified download file).
- To identify all faulty drivers, click Start Scan.
- To obtain updated versions of drivers and prevent system failures, go to Update Drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded DriverFix.
Netflix isn’t working on your Sony Smart TV? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the correct spot.
Many people use their Smart TVs for more than simply watching TV; they also use them to browse the internet, watch YouTube, and stream their favorite TV programs and movies from Netflix and other streaming services.
However, the Netflix app for Sony Smart TVs may not always function as expected. The inability to launch the app is the most frequent issue customers are experiencing.
Some of them are beginning to see the light. We were unable to connect to the Netflix service. Please check your network settings to make sure you’re connected to a working network so you can watch Netflix (-100). There is either an error or a spinning symbol with nothing occurring.
Another frequent problem is Sorry, we were unable to connect to the Netflix service. Please restart the Netflix program if possible (-111).
Because Sony Smart TVs run on the Android operating system, there are a few options for resolving the problem.
What’s the best way to get Netflix to operate on my Sony TV?
1. Steps to debug in general
- Check to see whether your internet connection is up and running. Try restarting your router if you’re linked to a wireless network.
- Check to see whether your Sony Smart TV has the most recent firmware update.
- Check to see whether any other applications, particularly streaming services, are functioning properly.
- The Netflix app needs to be updated. You may also try reloading Netflix on your computer.
2. Error with Netflix (-100)
The simplest solution is to reset your Sony Smart TV if you can’t access Netflix but can use other applications and services.
To do so, press and hold the power button for approximately 6 seconds, or until the TV restarts completely. Netflix should function correctly once the device has rebooted.
This technique has worked for many Smart TV users, so give it a go. It may just fix your issue with little effort.
Another proven remedy is to press and hold the Home button on your remote, which will bring up a task switcher. You may close the app by selecting Netflix, pressing Down, and then OK.
Relaunch Netflix, and it should now function normally.
3. Error with Netflix (-111)
- If you receive this problem, you’ll notice a RESET or OK button underneath the error message, depending on the Netflix version. If the RESET button is available, press it to resolve the issue. If the OK button is there, go to the next step to reset the app.
- On your remote control, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > System Apps.
- Select NETFLIX and then press the Force Stop button.
- After that, choose Delete data and Clear cache to clear the app’s data and cache.
- Restart your television.
- Go to the Google Play Store and update the Netflix app once the TV has rebooted.
- Log in to Netflix with your credentials after the update is complete, and the app should work correctly.
4. Error on Netflix: Feature not available
- On your remote control, press the Home button.
- Now go to Settings > System Settings.
- Select Setup, then Network.
- Select Refresh Internet Content from the drop-down menu.
After you’ve done a power cycle, the app should start working properly again.
It’s a pain not being able to play Netflix videos on your Sony Smart TV, but following the methods in this post should help you fix the issue.
Rebooting the TV or killing and relaunching the Netflix app are the easiest options, so give them a go first.
If Netflix is still not responding after completing the troubleshooting steps above, give yourself some credit for the time you spent resolving the problem.
Before you succumb to irritation, consider using the Disney+ app to watch and download limitless TV programs, originals, and award-winning films from Pixar, Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Marvel.
From your Sony Smart TV’s Home screen, go to Google Play Store, download and install Disney+, and enjoy hundreds of movies at any time.
Disney+ is a monthly membership service that gives you full access to Disney World entertainment.
Please feel free to offer any further ideas or questions in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you? 2
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Sadly, not all of us are Netflix fans. It isn’t the fault of the media streaming service, but Sony’s buggy smart TV platform.. Read more about sony bravia netflix and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Netflix not loading on my Sony Smart TV?
Netflix is not available on Sony Smart TVs.
How do you reset Netflix on Sony smart TV?
You can reset your Netflix account on Sony smart TVs by following these steps: 1. Open the Settings menu on your TV 2. Scroll down to Network and select it 3. Select Reset Network Settings
Why is Netflix not loading Smart TV?
Netflix is not loading on your Smart TV because you are using a device that does not support the service.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- netflix not working on sony smart tv
- netflix not working on sony smart tv 2018
- how to reset netflix on sony bravia tv
- sony bravia netflix
- sony smart tv netflix feature not available