The world of fishing is a vast and complex one, so we’ve created this guide to help you get started. We’ll cover everything from the basics of how to fish, to where the best places are to go for your next adventure.
The fishing hot spots new world is a guide that contains fishing tips and tricks, fishing locations, fish oil, and more.
Gathering and crafting are important in Amazon’s New World, and like any good MMO, it features a complex fishing system that you may easily get lost in for hours.
Even if you’re simply attempting to obtain fish oil or make your own fishing pole, the fishing method in New World may be complicated. So, here’s all you need to know about fishing in the New World.
In the New World, How to Fish
To go fishing, you’ll need a fishing pole, which you may make yourself. You may simply make a simple fishing pole with only one Fiber and one Green Wood.
Hemp (long plants with purple blooms) provides fiber, while Green Wood may be obtained by harvesting any shrub or tree. After you’ve gotten it to a crafting table, make sure you go into your character menu and equip the pole.
When you’re out exploring and come upon a body of water, a popup will appear, prompting you to press F3 to begin fishing. Here’s a quick rundown on how to really go fishing.
- Press R to equip any bait you’d like.
- A bar will appear when you left-click; the more filled the bar is, the farther your line will be thrown.
- Left-click to catch the fish when the line bobs and the words “Get Ready” appear beside your line.
- You’ll see a tension gauge appear, and you’ll want to maintain it in the green. If it begins to turn orange, stop reeling.
- You’ll be able to capture the fish after the bar is filled.
When fishing in New World, you are not need to use bait, but it may greatly increase your chances of catching fish, therefore it is generally a good idea. In both freshwater and saltwater, there are a variety of different baits that offer you an advantage. All of the bait choices are described in depth below.
- Freshwater Bread Bait — Can be found in containers or produced in the Kitchen Crafting Station Tier 2
- Cheese Bait (Saltwater) — Can be found in containers or created in the Kitchen Crafting Station Tier 2
- Clam Bait (Freshwater) – Clams are used to make this bait.
- Bulrush and Briar Plants are used to make Firefly Bait (Freshwater).
- Saltwater Fish Bait – Created in Camp Tier 1 or the Kitchen Crafting Station Tier 2.
- Glowworm Bait (Saltwater) – Only available at night in Flint.
- Freshwater Meat Bait — Created in Camp Tier 1 or the Kitchen Crafting Station Tier 2.
- Nightcrawler Bait (Saltwater) – Harvested during the day from Flint.
- Oyster Bait (Freshwater) — Oysters are used to make this bait.
- Snail Bait (Saltwater) – Snails are used to make this bait.
- Freshwater Woodlouse Bait – Found while collecting shrubs
Discovering New World Fishing Hotspots
While you may fish pretty much everywhere in New World, keep a look out for Fishing Hotspots when they appear. These are indicated on the map by a fish symbol with one to three stars next to it. The number of stars indicates the rarity of the fishing location: one star represents a wide fishing area, two stars represents a rare fishing spot, and three stars represents a hidden fishing spot.
To see Fishing Hotspots in New World, you’ll need to level up your Fishing skill, which you can accomplish by, you guessed it, fishing. You can use this interactive map developed by fans to help you locate these hotspots.
How to Get Fish Oil
As you progress in New World, you’ll discover that Fish Oil is a resource you’ll always need, particularly if you intend on cooking often.
Fish Oil can only be obtained by capturing fish and including it into your diet. Fish Oil isn’t always assured while salvaging, so if you want a lot of it, you’ll have to catch a lot of fish.
Levels of Fishing and Purchasing New Rods
Fishing, like other trade skills, has 200 levels, each of which grants the ability to locate additional hotspots. If you want to level up quickly, make advantage of hotspots as often as possible since they offer the greatest XP.
If there are no local hotspots, your best option is to fish at great depths, like as in the ocean or a deep lake. If you want to get the most of your fishing time, choose a location where you won’t have to keep throwing your line all the way out. Simultaneously, utilize bait to increase your chances of capturing larger, more expensive fish.
Crafting and equipping a stronger fishing pole is another way to quickly raise your fishing level. You can make five different “quality” poles, but utilizing unique materials throughout the manufacturing process may give you additional benefits. The “Lucky Day” bonus, for example, will change the way you fish by increasing your chances of capturing rarer species throughout the day. When making fishing poles, it’s a good idea to experiment to see what you can come up with. Here are the many poles that need to be made.
- 1 Green Wood, 1 Fiber Wooden Fishing Pole
- 12 Timber, 3 Coarse Leather, 3 Linen Treated Wood Fishing Pole
- 13 Timber, 3 Coarse Leather, 2 Linen — Aged Wood Fishing Pole
- 14 Wyrdwood Planks, 3 Coarse Leather, 2 Linen Wyrdwood Fishing Pole
- 15 Ironwood Planks, 3 Coarse Leather, 2 Linen — Ironwood Fishing Pole
Linen may be made from Fiber at the Loom Station, Coarse Leather can be made from four rawhides at the Tannery, Timber can be made from Lumber, and Wyrdwood/Ironwood can be made from trees of the same name.
That should be all you need to know about fishing in the New World. Check out our other New World guides if you need any more assistance while exploring.
The new world fishing guide reddit is a blog that provides information on the most popular fishing spots, fish oil, and more.
- new world fishing hotspot respawn
- new world fishing spots map
- new world fishing hotspots explained
- new world fishing hotspots respawn time
- broad fishing hotspot new world